341 – Soyuz

Whilst looking for a little sonic inspiration, I came across a lovely batch of fantastic recordings at http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/sounds/sounds.htm. I use a couple of the space recording samples to flesh out this simple little motif that throws me back to the repetitive melodies that I would regularly discover somewhere odd along the shortwave frequencies as a child.

This is the result of my first hour with these samples to hand… expect more, hopefully more developed ideas to follow!

stream 320kbps

stream 96kbps

or download
Soyuz.mp3
Soyuz 96kbps.mp3

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “341 – Soyuz”

1. Gravatar of simpletom simpletom
    2. November 2012 at 19:31

breathtakingly beautiful. if there is an afterlife i can only hope to hear this kind of sound there. this kind of music continues to give me the will to press on in this earthly life.
    thank you again for sharing your talent.

2. Gravatar of Jay Jay
    2. November 2012 at 20:12

Nicely done, as usual.

3. Gravatar of admin admin
    3. November 2012 at 00:06

Thank you. I’m touched that it means that much to you. You know that all of the sounds I try to create some from deep inside, so your commnents mean so much more than I can properly express. J

4. Gravatar of admin admin
    3. November 2012 at 00:06

5. Gravatar of Warren Daly Warren Daly
    17. November 2012 at 02:05

Ambienteer is back…. it would seem inspiration has returned in force, reflected in Soyuz (and other new tracks)
    Always excited when my RSS reader tells me there is an update on this site.
    Keep up the amazing work James, you are infinitely talented.
    Warren

6. Gravatar of » Podcast 44 – Ambient Transmissions by Warren Daly » Podcast 44 – Ambient Transmissions by Warren Daly
    8. December 2012 at 09:44